The Winston-Salem Foundation announces 9 Community Grants totaling $147,300 that will touch the lives of many living in Forsyth County. This support is made possible by donors to the Foundation’s unrestricted funds and other flexible funds.
Grants were awarded to organizations in the following program areas: arts and culture, education, environment, human services, and recreation.
- Ava Gardner Museum - $7,000 for building repairs and improvements
- Bookmarks - $28,000 for a community outreach and facilities manager for a second year
- Carter G. Woodson School of Challenge - $9,800 for a student and parent liaison for a third year
- Family Services - $2,000 to provide direct assistance to victims of violent crime
- Piedmont Land Conservancy - $15,000 for a full-time land protection specialist for a second year
- Senior Services - $70,000 to support programs for high-risk older adults in Forsyth County for two years
- Speas Global Elementary School PTA - $300 for the Speas Global Elementary School soccer club
- Winston-Salem Tarheels - $500 for youth sports scholarships
- Work Family Resource Center - $14,700 for a part-time development director for a third year