The Winston-Salem Foundation announces 13 Community Grants totaling $233,898 that will touch the lives of many living in Forsyth County. This support is made possible by donors to the Foundation’s unrestricted funds and other flexible funds.
Grants were awarded to organizations in the following program areas: arts and culture, community and economic development, education, human services, and public interest.
- 88.5 FM/WFDD Public Radio - $8,400 for a full-time education programs coordinator for a second year
- Center for Creative Economy - $16,458 for a part-time operations manager and a part-time marketing manager for a third year
- Crosby Scholars Community Partnership - $19,600 for a full-time advisor coordinator position for a third year
- Dream School - $750 for a summer media workshop
- Easton Neighborhood Association - $500 for a cultural immersion community day
- Experiment in Self-Reliance - $40,000 to support the Building Blocks program for a second year
- Family Services - $12,740 for the Family Violence Prevention Initiative for a third year
- Forsyth Educator Partnership - $9,100 for the expansion of the program manager position for a second year
- Goler Community Development Corporation - $55,000 for community development projects in areas around Goler Memorial AME Zion Church and east Winston-Salem
- North Star Center - $4,900 for a part-time center manager for a third year
- SECCA Foundation - $11,550 for a volunteer coordinator/museum preparator for a third year
- Strong@Home - $50,000 for a family advocate in the Boston-Thurmond neighborhood for a third year
- UNC School of the Arts Foundation - $4,900 for an associate director position for the preparatory dance program for a third year