A new security enhancement called multi-factor authentication is now enabled on the Fundholder Portal and Grant Application Portal to ensure your information stays safe.
- What is it? Multi-factor authentication is a layered approach to securing data that requires you to present multiple credentials to access your account. In our case, you will be asked to enter your password as well as a verification code to log in.
- What do I need to do? The next time you log in to the portal you will be prompted to set up multi-factor authentication to receive a verification code via text message, voice call, or through an authenticator app.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Which authentication methods are available?
When you set up MFA, you are presented with three options:
- Mobile authenticator app (most secure) – this uses an authenticator application on your mobile phone. It generates a verification code in the app.
- SMS text messages – you are asked to select a country and supply a phone number. For verification, you are sent a verification code via text message.
- Voice calls – you will receive a phone call with an audio verification code.
When logging in, you will be prompted to enter the verification code you receive to access your account.
- Can multiple user accounts share the same MFA configuration?
Yes. However, SMS text messages, or phone calls, can only go to one number per user.
- Are the mobile authentication apps available for iOS and Android?
Yes. MS Authenticator and Twilio Authy are both available for iOS and Android.
- Which devices are compatible with mobile authentication apps? Can the apps be used on a Mac or PC instead of a mobile phone?
MS Authenticator is compatible with iOS devices and Android mobile phones. Twilio Authy is compatible with iOS and Android mobile phones. Twilio also supports devices that use Blackberry, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- I don’t want to use a mobile phone to receive text messages or use an authenticator app. How can I make this work?
Choose "Voice calls" as your preferred verification method and enter your phone number.
Have questions or need assistance?
We're happy to help! Fundholders should contact Marty Pittman. Nonprofits should contact Stephanie Carpenter.