WHAT WE FUND
The Small Grants program provides grants of up to $1,000 to organizations and groups in the greater Forsyth County area of North Carolina. Small Grants are limited to organizations and groups with an annual income of $150,000 or less. Note: the maximum grant available for athletic teams is $500.
The Foundation does not award Small Grants to support the following:
We make occasional grants for equipment, time-limited projects, and special events, although these are a low priority.
WHAT WE VALUE
A strong Small Grants application will demonstrate some, if not all, of the following characteristics:
1. Asset-Based Approaches: The Foundation values organizations and requests that utilize asset-based approaches whenever possible. Proposals are stronger when the individuals who are directly impacted by the project support the project and when their skills, gifts, and talents are included in the project’s planning, leadership, development, and implementation.
2. Bridging and/or bonding social capital: The Foundation defines social capital as connections among people, based on trust, which enhance cooperation for mutual benefit. The Foundation values projects that encourage people of all races, classes, ages, and interests to join together to work toward the improvement of a community.
3. Feasibility: The Foundation prioritizes requests from organizations that are able to demonstrate their ability to successfully implement the project.
4. Inclusivity: The Foundation prioritizes requests that are accessible and intentional in how they include under-represented communities.
5. Impact, relative to the size of the grant: The Foundation prioritizes requests from organizations that can articulate the impact of the project for which they are seeking funding.
HOW TO APPLY
The Foundation accepts Small Grants applications the first business day of any month; applicants receive a decision within 30 days. To apply, please submit this form.