An initiative of The Winston-Salem Foundation, The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem seeks to improve the lives of women and girls by building a community of female philanthropists who provide grants to local programs and initiatives that address the root causes of social issues impacting women and girls in Forsyth County.
Since its inception in 2006, The Women's Fund has experienced exceptional growth in membership and funds contributed. This diverse group of more than 700 women and girls makes a difference by pooling their financial resources to make annual grants that will improve the lives of women and girls in our community - over $1,000,000 has been granted to-date. A portion of each membership is also invested in an endowment fund, providing additional grantmaking support for the future.
The Women's Fund of Winston-Salem envisions a community where women and girls:
- have equal opportunities, skills and resources to be independent, self-sufficient and contributing members of the community
- are healthy and live in homes and communities without fear of violence
- are empowered and equipped to be leaders in the community
- are supported in their roles in their families, regardless of their family structure
- are active philanthropists who share their time, treasures, and talents to better the community regardless of their economic status
For more information about The Women's Fund of Winston-Salem, go to www.womensfundws.org.